Sunday, October 24, 2010

About


Welcome to Small Review!


About Me and My Blog

I am an American woman in my 30s with a passion for reading and YA fiction. Small Review is my online alias because I review books and, well, I’m a pretty short person. I currently work as the Executive Director over a college library. I have also worked as a librarian and in archiving and editing.

I focus primarily on YA fiction with an emphasis on the paranormal/fantasy and historical, but I also feature some middle grade and adult fiction with cross-over appeal. I started this blog because I love books and wanted to give back something to a community I have gotten so much from.

My goal for this blog is to create a space where YA book lovers can come together over our shared interest, swap book suggestions, and have some fun conversations. I love getting to know fellow book lovers, so please don't feel shy about contacting me or commenting.

I include a lot of links to Amazon.com and Goodreads because those are the sites I personally use the most to browse and buy books. I am not affiliated with either of these sites beyond that.

Publishers, authors, and other bloggers are welcome to contact me with any questions, suggestions, or book recommendations. You can contact me at SmallReview(at)yahoo(dot)com

I am happy to review or promote your book! If you are interested, then please read my Review Policy for details or my Review Index to see my past reviews. I look forward to working with you!


Disclosure:

The books I read come to me through the library, books I buy, contests, authors, and publishers. I do not receive any compensation for the reviews I write. All books I receive are in exchange for only a fair and honest review. You can find my reviews on my blog, Amazon.com, and Goodreads.

19 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you because you wrote to a blog a co-blog at, Bewitched Bookworms. I like your blog and you've reviewed some interesting books that I haven't read yet. It's nice to meet another book blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found me! It is nice to meet fellow book bloggers and lovers. I love reading Bewitched Bookworms. I'm glad you like the reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your reading list - OMG and Wow!!! What's your secret to finishing so many books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, well, first off this year is an abnormally good year for reading. I think that's probably because I read a lot of pretty short books (under 200 pages). I'm also lucky enough to have a job where I can read for a good portion of the time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the energy of this site. Great job-- it's stylish, it's so easy to navigate, interesting books, double thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! You just put a big smile on my face :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello i found your blog through blog hope. your blog is so cute! you have reviewd some good books!

    Heather at http://breathingbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I hope you enjoy your time here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and I see that you are mostly interested in YA. I just self-published my first children's picture book for Kindle on Amazon and though it's not the right age for your blog can you recommend a good blog I could use for my book?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad I found your blog. I just love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad that I found your blog! I am starting to get more into the whole blogging thing and your website has made me want to keep going. I love books but I am a senior in high school with pretty terrible writing skills and you give me hope that one day I will have a good blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and good luck! The most important thing is that you enjoy what you're doing with your blog. The rest will come :)

      Delete
  13. I'm delighted to find that you're still blogging after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to slow down my pace, but I'm still enjoying it :) Glad to see you again!

      Delete
    2. I've been picking up more books again lately and have finally run out of the books (and suggestions) that I gathered while blogging so I'm on the prowl :)

      Delete
    3. You have conquered Mount TRB?!?! That is awesome! Hope you find some good suggestions to help regrow your list. :)

      Delete
  14. I have only recently, maybe two years ago, that I discovered your blog and I still read it even as you slow down with posting. anyway, I have chosen your blog to redesign headers, so check out my post - https://thememoryofrain.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-blog-header-redesign-4.html - if you like & let me know what you think.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...