Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Small Spills the Beans

Have I teased you enough? 

Are you ready to find out about this super secret project I've been working on with Ruby from Ruby's Reads? 

Have you seen some of our buttons floating around the blogosphere and wondered what all the fun was about?

Well, guess what?
No more waiting!


Welcome to Small and Ruby's Historical Fantasy Jubilee!

Who: One and all (that means YOU!)

What: A celebration of historical fantasy with discussions, book lists, reviews written by myself and Ruby, author guest posts, author interviews, and giveaways! (More about this below)


When: Every day from November 1st to November 30th

Why: Historical Fantasy brings together terrific settings, wonderful world-building, magic, and chivalrous men (with swords)!

Please check out our special 
where you'll find:


Discover your magical ability
(And grab your special button to share with your followers!)

Discover your fancy title
(And grab your special button to share with your followers!)

Enter to win our three prize pack giveaways!
(US only, unless you're willing to pay for shipping through PayPal.)


Feel free to grab our event button!



What makes events like this so much fun is the participation and enthusiasm of people like YOU. We would love to show our gratitude to you, so if you have grabbed any of our buttons or spread the word about our Historical Fantasy Jubilee in any way, please feel free to let us know!

Please click here to leave links to your blog/twitter/etc where you have spread the word so we can visit your site and say thanks!


How did this happen?!

A few months back Ruby asked me if I wanted to partner up with her and co-host a week-long event devoted to historical fantasy.

I was floored. Historical fantasy? Only one of my favorite genres ever! And Ruby? Only one of my favorite bloggers ever! HECK YES I WANTED IN!

We started brainstorming and plotted out a few authors we wanted to contact and a few posts we planned on writing. But if you read my blog often enough then you've probably picked up on these two little facts already:

1. I have no self-control when it comes to books
2. I am totally a "more is more" kinda person

So what started out as a week-long event very quickly morphed into a fortnight event as we realized we had way more posts than would fit in a measly week. 

But then the author and publisher responses started coming in. 

You see, we had screwed up our courage (yes, pep talks were involved) and sent out requests to a bunch of our favorite authors and authors of upcoming historical fantasies that looked to die for. We hoped we would hear back from a few and that at least one or two would want to partake in our event. 

But we were so wrong. The enthusiastic responses we received from almost every single one of the authors and publishers we contacted were astounding! We can't thank them enough because, really, they helped blast the awesome-level of this event to levels I hadn't even dared dream about.

And so the fortnight became a month-long Historical Fantasy Jubilee with incredible author interviews, guest posts, and giveaways so great I almost wish I wasn't a co-host so I could enter them too! 

But, hey, Ruby and I are chatty bloggers, so expect discussions, reviews, book lists, and cover posts from us as well.

Now, are you ready for some historical fantasy?

Check back tomorrow both here at Small Review and at Ruby's Reads where we'll kick off the event with some discussions!

I hope to see you there!

26 comments:

  1. So happy that you guys got such a great response from publishers and authors! I'm really looking forward to the event. I'll be on the lookout for some excellent new historical fantasy reads as the last one I read (Dark Mirror) left much to be desired, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've mentioned this to you before, but I'm really excited for this event. :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited, I think this is a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I'm so excited you're excited!! :D

    Aylee, I agree, that book didn't do it for me either. Hopefully you will like some of the ones we're featuring better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exciting! I can't wait to see what you guys, have prepared for us :D
    So happy for you that everything went according to plan ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Small, I am so pumped for this! I've been looking forward to it since my very first glimpse. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally looking forward to this event - sounds like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really looking forward to this event ladies, I don't read nearly enough historical fantasy so I'm hoping to get some awesome recommendations:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Small, this is going to be a blast! I can't wait for all of the November posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds fun! I love historical fantasy. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait, Small and Ruby! Historical fantasy is such a fun genre to read and I'm a glutton for more book recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for such sweet comments :) I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go Small and Ruby!! Whoo-hoo! I have no doubt in my mind why those authors all responded back! You guys are awesome and their books would be adored by your fans (like me!) :D I can't wait for the rest of November! Great idea Small and Ruby, I also have to say I really like all three buttons I got to post on my blog - they make my site look so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am VERY Excited. Thanks for having it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO AWESOME! I can't wait to learn more about this type of books! YAY I am excited that I am going to learn with you guys! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's so awesome that you got such a positive response from authors and publishers. I'm picky with my historical fiction so I'm looking forward to seeing what and who you guys feature.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait too! I'm so excited you're all excited! :D There are lots of happy-excited eeepps and squeaks and happy hand waving going on over here. :P

    I'm so glad you like our buttons Lulu! It's so surreal to see them on all your blogs :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And that positive response for authors and publishers? Pat yourselves on the back everyone, because this blog wouldn't be at all what it is without all of you commenting and participating and being all around awesome. :) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *hugS* I'm so glad you're hosting this event! It looks like it's going to be heaps of fun.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! I can't believe it's finally here! Sobs of joy and hugs and more hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alex, I hope you enjoy it! :D

    Ruby, YAY!! Hugs all around! I'm kinda bouncing between OH MY GOSH THIS IS GREAT!!! and thinking I should go hide under my bed :P (except there are too many books there for me to fit. Um, ditto the closet.)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know I haven't been around in the blogosphere lately but I just wanted to say I'm really excited about reading all the posts for the event. I haven't read that many historical fantasies so I'm looking forward to putting more books on my TBR list! Thank you for hosting it- sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Also, just saw your comment on my blog. Awww thanks, that's so sweet! I'm really working on getting posting again because I miss it but school and my job is just so busy at the moment. Maybe I'll just start off with a few mini reviews to get back in the swing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stephanie, Yay! I'm so glad to see you! I missed you! :D You sound so busy. Mini reviews are a good way to get back into things. I hope you like our event :)

    Julie, Thank you! The event button is all Ruby's doing. She is a master button maker.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...