Name: Read My Own Damn Books Challenge
Previous Hosts: Estella's Revenge
Starts: January 1, 2017
Ends: December 31, 2017
Eligible Books: Books you own prior to 2017.
Levels: I'm going to try to read and/or DNF and get rid of 12 books I own.
Why I'm Interested:
I seriously have too many books and they keep sitting on my shelves unread. I did this challenge in 2015 and ended up getting rid of almost all the books I read for the challenge, which means I've carted around and found room for all those books that I didn't even end up liking. Before I move again, I need to reevaluate the books I'm bringing with me and make sure they're books I actually want.
Some books I'm considering:
Anything on my Own-Unread shelf that I acquired prior to 2017.
At the start of 2017, here's where I stand as far as what books I own and what percentage of them I've read:
31% Acquired in 2016
17% Acquired in 2015
32% Acquired in 2014
50% Acquired in 2013
39% Acquired in 2012
75% Acquired in 2010-2011
83% Acquired in 2008-2009
85% Acquired in 2003-2007
96% Acquired in 2002 and earlier
13. The Surgeon's Mate by Patrick O'Brian (2003-2007)
12. The Lady of the English by Elizabeth Chadwick (2013)
11. The Fortune of War by Patrick O'Brian (2003-2007)
10. Desolation Island by Patrick O'Brian (2003-2007)
9. The Virgin Widow by Anne O'Brien (2013)
8. Moment of Truth by Phoebe Rivers (2016)
7. The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry (2013)
6. Spirits of the Season by Phoebe Rivers (2016)
5. One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire (2016)
4. Mischief Night by Phoebe Rivers (2016)
3. Mariana by Susanna Kearsley (2016)
2. Haunted Memories by Phoebe Rivers (2016)
1.The Guests on South Battery by Karen White (2016)