Name: Keep the Books Off the Shelf Challenge
Starts: January 1, 2017
Ends: December 31, 2017
Goal: 15 books
Eligible Books: Books you acquire in 2017
Why I'm Interested:
I'm not sure if anyone is actually hosting a challenge like this, but it's a challenge I'm giving myself. Every year I participate in the Off the Shelf Challenge where I try to read as many books I own as possible.
Downside? Those challenges don't count books you acquire during the challenge year, and I think they should! Sure, I know the goal is to read all those books that have been languishing year after year, but what about preventative measures? I think those should be rewarded, too!
(I feel like a health insurance plan)
So, enter my challenge. I'm going to try to make a dent in the books I get in 2017 and therefore whittle down my mountain of books remaining unread on my shelves in 2018.
Some books I'm considering:
As many books from my Acquired 2017 shelf as possible. At the end of the year I'll compare how many books I acquired to how many books I've read from that list to see how well I've done. I'd like to shoot for reading/DNF-ing at least 15 books.
11. Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
10. Three Singles to Adventure by Gerald Durrell
9. The Garden of the Gods by Gerald Durrell
8. Birds, Beasts, and Relatives by Gerald Durrell
7. My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
6. Dream Magic by Joshua Khan
5. Once Broken Faith by Seanan McGuire
4. A Red-Rose Chain by Seanan McGuire
3. The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire
2. Chimes at Midnight by Seanan McGuire
1. Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire