Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Keep the Books Off the Shelf Challenge




Challenge Basics: 

Name: Keep the Books Off the Shelf Challenge
Hosts: Me!
Starts: January 1, 2018
Ends: December 31, 2018
Goal: 15 books
Eligible Books: Books you acquire in 2018

Why I'm Interested:  

I'm not sure if anyone is actually hosting a challenge like this, but it's a challenge I'm giving myself, again. Last year I read a ton off books I acquired in 2017, and rather than feel bad about neglecting my previously owned books, instead I felt like I was accomplishing something with every new book I acquired and read. And I was!

Every year I participate in the Off the Shelf Challenge where I try to read as many books I own as possible. Downside? Those challenges don't count books you acquire during the challenge year, and I think they should! Sure, I know the goal is to read all those books that have been languishing year after year, but what about preventative measures? I think those should be rewarded, too!

(I feel like a health insurance plan)

So, enter my challenge. I'm going to try to make a dent in the books I get in 2018 and therefore whittle down my mountain of books remaining unread on my shelves in 2019.

Some books I'm considering: 

As many books from my Acquired 2018 shelf as possible. At the end of the year I'll compare how many books I acquired to how many books I've read from that list to see how well I've done. I'd like to shoot for reading/DNF-ing at least 15 books.


Books Completed:

54. Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House by M. C. Beaton
53. The Enchanted Places by Christopher Milne
52. The Royal Griffin by Juliet Dymoke
51. Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate by M. C. Beaton
50. Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came by M. C. Beaton
49. The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown by Claire Ridgway
48. Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell by M. C. Beaton
47. Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of Fryfam by M. C. Beaton
46. Agatha Raisin and the Witch of Wyckhadden by M. C. Beaton
45. Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham by M. C. Beaton
44. Night and Silence by Seanan McGuire
43. Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death by M. C. Beaton
42. Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by M. C. Beaton
41. Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage by M. C. Beaton
40. Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley by M. C. Beaton
39. Death of a King by P. C. Doherty
38. Isabella by Colin Falconer
37. Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardner by M. C. Beaton
36. Deborah Goes to Dover by Marion Chesney
35. Agatha Raisin and the Viscious Vet by M. C. Beaton
34. Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M. C. Beaton
33. The Thrifty Guide to Ancient Greece by Jonathan Stokes
32. Beatrice Goes to Brighton by Marion Chesney
31. Bright Burns the Night by Sarah B. Larson
30. Penelope Goes to Portsmouth by Marion Chesney
29. Mother Knows Best by Serena Valentino
28. A Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander
27. Annie's Life in Lists by Kristin Mahoney
26. A Poisoned Season by Tasha Alexander
25. Belinda Goes to Bath by Marion Chesney
24. Emily Goes to Exeter by Marion Chesney
23. Frederica in Fashion by Marion Chesney
22. The Little Book of Pooh-isms by Disney
21. Diana the Huntress by Marion Chesney
20. Daphne by Marion Chesney
19. Basil of Baker Street by Eve Titus
18. Dierdre and Desire by Marion Chesney
17. The Taming of Annabelle by Marion Chesney
16. Minerva by Marion Chesney
15. Back in Society by Marion Chesney
14. Colonel Sandhurst to the Rescue by Marion Chesney
13. Sir Philip's Folly by Marion Chesney
12. Mrs Budley Falls from Grace by Marion Chesney
11. Miss Tonks Turns to Crime by Marion Chesney
10. Lady Fortescue Steps Out by Marion Chesney
9. Notorious Royal Marriages by Leslie Carroll
8. The Boy, the Bird and the Coffin Maker by Matilda Woods
7. Camille's Story, 1910 by Adele Whitby
6. Powder and Patch by Georgette Heyer
5. The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell
4. Freya and the Magic Jewel by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
3. Neanderthal Opens the Door to the Universe by Preston Norton
2. Castle Behind Thorns by Merrie Haskell
1. Handbook for Dragon Slayers by Merrie Haskell



Books DNF'ed: 

1.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...