Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gothic Reading Challenge



8/10 books

Challenge Basics:
Name: Gothic Reading Challenge
Hosts : Well-Mannered Frivolity
Starts: January 1, 2011
Ends: December 31, 2011
Eligible Books: Read books that fall into the genre of Gothic fiction.
Levels: Four. I am going to try for level 3: Read 10 books
Prizes? Not that I see
Sign up page 

Why I'm Interested:  

I love this genre! Crumbling castles, dangerous men, curious women, prophecies, dark generational secrets, ghostly occurrences...need I explain more? 


Some books I'm considering: 
  • Dracula, by Bram Stoker (it's been on my TBR for years)
  • Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte (ditto!)
  • The Gemma Doyle series, by Libba Bray (I've read the first)
  • The Ghost Writer, by John Harwood
  • Prophecy of the Sisters: Book 3, by Michelle Zink
  • Eternal (Immortal, book 3), by Gillian Shields
  • Tighter, by Adele Griffin

Books Completed:
  1. My Swordhand is Singing by Marcus Sedgwick
  2. The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
  3. The Revenant by Sonia Gensler
  4. The Poisoned House by Michael Ford
  5. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
  6. Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
  7. Picture the Dead by Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown
  8. Tighter, by Adele Griffin

You might also like:
Spotlight: Gothic Fiction, part I
Spotlight: Gothic Fiction, part II 
Spotlight: Gothic Fiction, part III
Spotlight: Gothic Fiction, part IV

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...