Thursday, November 11, 2010

Star Rating Key

My ratings are based on my own personal level of enjoyment when reading a book. I don't do objective ratings on a book's quality.


=  I loved this book and want to own a copy!
= I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't a perfect "Special Shelf" match for me, but I really liked it.
= Probably the most commonly used rating, 3.5 stars is for a book that was "above average," though not perfect for me. This is a good, solid rating.
= I liked this book overall, but there were enough things that bothered me to affect my enjoyment.
= Significant number of things I didn't like that negatively impacted my overall enjoyment, though I may still have liked some parts of this book.
= I really didn’t like this book at all. 

= For those books that were extra special for me. Sometimes they moved me emotionally or made me think deeply about a topic. Sometimes they were beautiful stories. Most of the time they were the books that I need to own and will reread over and over again because I love the characters and story.

Half star ratings are also used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...