Monday, May 14, 2012

More Enchanted Chocolate Pot Blog Fest!

Last week I got to show you the "game" version of the first letter in Sorcery and Cecelia, or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer.

Today I get to share with you the "official" version! That is, the version that appears in the book, which you can now buy in e-format! (But it's still available in print for all of us e-reader-holdout Luddites.)

After 6 months, Wrede and Stevermer concluded their game, brought all of their letters together, and decided to edit them and make them into a novel. It's fascinating to see what changes they made to facilitate the makings of a congruent story. 

-Open Road Media

But, whatever format you prefer, you should totally check this series out if you aren't already familiar with it. Remember what I said last week? Jane Austen + J. K. Rowling—You can't go wrong with a combo like that!



Click the picture below to read the "official" version, and then scroll down to vote on which version you prefer!

Click the picture so it gets big enough that you can, you know, actually READ it. :)


Which letter do you like better?
The first letter
The second letter
Create your own poll with LearnMyself


Stay tuned Wednesday for Kate's reply letter!

Now, when I was originally asked to partake in this tour, I was offered the option of either posting Kate's reply, or writing my own reply.

Much as I think it would be cool to write a reply to Cecelia, I am so NOT creative enough to do that. So I'm taking the easy way out and posting Kate's actual reply.

BUT, you can totally join in on the fun!

You can write and post your own reply to Cecelia on your blog and link it up in the comments Tuesday so we can all see your creative replies! I'd love to see what you come up with (and I know some of you are awesome writers!)


.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I was gonna read it, but the letter doesn't enlarge when you click on it. And honestly, I cannot read it that small. I have "old" eyes. Even my glasses don't help. I think I need a magnifying glass. Sorry.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...