Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Bucket List Challenge


18/15 books


Challenge Basics:

Name: 2013 Bucket List Challenge
Hosts: None that I know, so this will be a personal challenge. Last year it was hosted by The Eclectic Bookshelf
Starts: January 1, 2013
Ends: December 31, 2013
Eligible Books: Books I have been meaning to read for a long time, but still haven't read.
Levels: N/A. I am going to set a personal goal of 15 books

Why I'm Interested:

I WANT to read these books, but I always push them aside for some reason. NO MORE!

I chose 15 books since that's my goal for the Off The Shelf challenge, but I wonder if I'm not reaching too high.

Books Considered:

Alanna, The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
The Blue Sword/The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan
The Seer and the Sword by Victoria Hanley
Everlasting by Angie Frazier

And the books mentioned in my other challenge posts other books that have been on my TBR prior to 2013

Books Completed:

18. The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig
17. Raven Rise by D. J. MacHale
16. A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson
15. The Decoy Princess by Dawn Cook
14. Prisoners in the Palace by Michaela MacColl
13. Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
12. The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler
11. Curses Inc by Vivian Vande Velde
10. Wintertide by Michael J. Sullivan
9. The Emerald Storm by Michael J. Sullivan
8. Nyphron Rising by Michael J. Sullivan
7. Avempartha by Michael J. Sullivan
6. The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan
5. Flight of the Phoenix by R. L. LaFevers
4. The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones
3. Angelfall by Susan Ee
2. The Throne of Glass Novellas by Sarah J. Maas
1. Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus by R. L. LaFevers


Have you signed up for a similar challenge? What books are you planning on reading? Do you have any suggestions that I absolutely MUST read?

10 comments:

  1. Ahh! This challenge is the hardest. Even if the book is awesome, I find it so hard to pick something from the old TBR pile and read it! Too much new stuff always coming out... I wish you luck. Would love to know what you think of the Tamora Pierce book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's so easy to push over these books and focus on the new. I'll let you know about the Tamora Pierce books :)

      Delete
  2. So you are laying down the gauntlet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am gently nudging it out of the shadows...

      Delete
  3. You go, Small! Teach those books who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you like Ella Enchanted! it's such a good book - the movie was a travesty - Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the movie! But I know it was a huge deviation from the book, and so I have even higher hopes for the book :) Glad to hear you consider it a keeper!

      Delete
  5. This one I'll probably never try, I'm too afraid of failing it. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, it is a hard one! This one and the Off the Shelf are my two most daunting challenges.

      Delete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...