Name: Keep the Books Off the Shelf Challenge
Starts: January 1, 2015
Ends: December 31, 2015
Eligible Books: Books you acquire in 2015.
Why I'm Interested:
I'm not sure if anyone is actually hosting a challenge like this, but it's a challenge I'm giving myself. Every year I participate in the Off the Shelf Challenge where I try to read as many books I own as possible.
Downside? Those challenges don't count books you acquire during the challenge year, and I think they should! Sure, I know the goal is to read all those books that have been languishing year after year, but what about preventative measures? I think those should be rewarded, too!
(I feel like a health insurance plan)
So, enter my challenge. I'm going to tally up all the books I acquire and read in 2015 and therefore whittle down my mountain of books remaining unread on my shelves in 2016.
This isn't an official challenge, but feel free to join me and track your books anyway you'd like!
Some books I'm considering:
As many books from my Acquired 2015 shelf as possible. At the end of the year I'll compare how many books I acquired to how many books I've read from that list to see how well I've done.
15. A Conspiracy of Princes by Justin Somper *
14. The Lady in the Tower by Jean Plaidy *
13. Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip *
12. Red Girl, Blue Boy by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
11. The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
10. Appleblossom the Possum by Holly Goldberg Sloan
9. Hamster Princess: Harriet the Invincible by Ursula Vernon
8. Diary of a Mad Brownie by Bruce Coville
7. The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
6. Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty
5. A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnson
4. Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier*
3. The Disappearance of Emily H by Barrie Summy
2. First Truth by Dawn Cook*
1. The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki
3. Shadow Spinner by Susan Fletcher *
2. The Vanishing Island by Barry Wolverton
1. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman