Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 Challenge: Keep the Books Off the Shelf




Challenge Basics: 

Name: Keep the Books Off the Shelf Challenge
Hosts: Me!
Starts: January 1, 2016
Ends: December 31, 2016
Goal: 15 books
Eligible Books: Books you acquire in 2016

Why I'm Interested:  

I'm not sure if anyone is actually hosting a challenge like this, but it's a challenge I'm giving myself. Every year I participate in the Off the Shelf Challenge where I try to read as many books I own as possible.

Downside? Those challenges don't count books you acquire during the challenge year, and I think they should! Sure, I know the goal is to read all those books that have been languishing year after year, but what about preventative measures? I think those should be rewarded, too!

(I feel like a health insurance plan)

So, enter my challenge. I'm going to try to make a dent in the books I get in 2016 and therefore whittle down my mountain of books remaining unread on my shelves in 2017.

Some books I'm considering: 

As many books from my Acquired 2016 shelf as possible. At the end of the year I'll compare how many books I acquired to how many books I've read from that list to see how well I've done. I'd like to shoot for reading/DNF-ing at least 15 books.


Books Completed:

40. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
39. Saranormal: Ghost Town by Phoebe Rivers
38. Petronella Saves Nearly Everyone by Dene Low
37. Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
36. Austenland by Shannon Hale
35. Great Tales from English History, vol. 2 by Robert Lacey
34. Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire
33. Great Tales from English History, vol. 1 by Robert Lacey
32. An Artificial Night by Seanan McGuire
31. Doomed Queens by Kris Waldherr
30. A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire
29. Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
28. Addison Cooke and the Treasure of the Incas by Jonathan Stokes
27. The King's General by Daphne du Maurier
26. Scones and Sensibility by Lindsay Eland
25. The Visitor by Amanda Stevens
24. Grave Visions by Kalayna Price
23. The Conquering Family by Thomas B. Costain
22. Poor Unfortunate Soul by Serena Valentino
21. Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
20. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
19. Henry VIII and His Six Wives by Maureen Peters
18. Villains by Disney
17. Written in Red by Anne Bishop
16. The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwell
15. The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer
14. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
13. A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
12. With All My Heart by Margaret Campbell Barnes
11. Red by Liesl Shurtliff
10. Iris the Colorful by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
9. My Fair Gentleman by Nancy Campbell Allen
8. The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery
7. In the Shadow of the Crown by Jean Plaidy
6. Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery
5. The Case of the Girl in Grey by Jordan Stratford
4. Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery
3. The Case of the Missing Moonstone by Jordan Stratford
2. Beauty by Robin McKinley
1. Mouse Scouts by Sarah Dillard


Books DNF'ed: 

1.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...