Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

Button from Bewitched Bookworms.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we all feature upcoming books we're eagerly anticipating.

I've altered things a little to include one book that hasn't come out yet and one but that has already been published but I still haven't gotten around to reading yet.






Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
Release Date: February 1, 2011
Publisher: David C. Cook

Pages: 352



From Goodreads:
American teenager Gabi Betarrini accidentally finds herself in sixteenth-century Italy.
Knights. Swords. Horses. Armor. And Italian hotties!
Most American teens want an Italian vacation, but the Betarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives there with their archaeologist parents. Stuck on yet another hot, dusty dig, they are bored out of their minds... until they place their hands atop handprints in an ancient tomb and find themselves catapulted into the sixteenth-century—and in the middle of a fierce battle between knights bent on killing one another.
Knights, swords, horses, Italian hotties? Um, yes please! Plus, it's historical fiction and time travel. I am so looking forward to this!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my hands on a copy anytime soon, but if I can, I'm going to read this for a few of my challenges:




The Seer and the Sword by Victoria Hanley
Release Date: 2000
Publisher: Laurel Leaf
Pages: 352


From Goodreads:
Legend states that there exists a mighty sword that makes its possessor invincible to his enemies. But there is a curse on anyone who lifts the sword for conquest. King Kareed of Archeld goes after this sword anyway, winning it from the King of Bellandra. When he returns home from battle, he brings his daughter, Princess Torina, two special gifts. One is a unique crystal, in which she can view visions of the future. The other gift is the defeated king’s son Landen, who is to be her slave. 

Torina immediately releases Landen, who becomes a member of the King’s army and her close friend. But trouble is lurking in the kingdom of Archeld and people are accusing Landen of plotting against the King. Torina refuses to believe he would hurt her family. Then Torina begins seeing deadly visions in her crystal. Can she save her father’s life and the future of her kingdom?

This book was recommended by two of my favorite bloggers. It sounds like my kind of high fantasy. I can't wait! (Wish it had a better cover though).

As a bonus, The Seer and the Sword will qualify for a bunch of challenges:



While you are waiting for your books, you can learn 

31 comments:

  1. I think it's been awhile since I've read a time travel book so perhaps waterfall... although my library system is very slow about getting new books so *sigh* will have to wait~~

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
    Loving the Reviews Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterfall was one of my WoWs a while ago...looks like fun!

    Yay, hope you can get your hands on The Seer and the Sword sometime soon :) Yeah, I'm not a fan of that cover - my copy has this cover: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/420415.The_Seer_and_the_Sword which I think is a bit better. But regardless of the cover, I hope you'll enjoy the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard about Waterfall but it sounds like something I'll really enjoy reading too. Thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never saw those books before, but they do sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sold me with knights, swords and Italian hotties lol

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waterfall sounds awesome on so many elements. Italy, archaeologist parents, sisters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I've been eyeing Waterfall for a while now, too. It really looks interesting. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just featured Waterfall in my WoW post a few weeks ago and I so agree with you. Hottie Italian knights? Definitely a must read. Great WoW pick!

    Here's my WoW picks for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha i just LOVE the synopsis for Waterfall! great picks this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Seer and The Sword is an excellent novel, I definately recommend it. Waterfall sounds amazing. Loving the cover and the synopsis. Great picks this week! Here's my Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the words swords and Italian hotties and I was sold. Great choices this week :) You can find my WOW at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sound of Waterfall. It sounds like quite an adventure with a terrific setting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a really bad influence for my TBR!
    Where do you find all those new books?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OooOooh I like both of these!!! Nice picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waterfall sounds good! This is the second time that I saw it in a Wow Post today! Great pick!

    Heres my waiting on wednesday post: http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday-triple-treat.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waterfall sounds good. I'm loving the idea of Hot Italian Knights!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My copy of this is in really bad shape. I didn't know there was a companion volume. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY.More new books for me.

    will check out Waterfall since I fall for historical fiction. I should find a way to have it this year

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not heard of Waterfall either!!! But now that I have I will read it. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, Waterfall looks like an awesome book! Although I'm usually not keen on time-traveling in books. Still, it's intriguing.

    Anyway, great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Waterfall definitely sounds interesting and I think I will have to check out the Seer and the Swrod. It sounds like something I would really enjoy. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Waterfall sounds amazing! I'm definitely getting it when it comes out so thank you for letting me know about it AND awesome pick! Everyone picked such great books this week! My list is getting bigger and bigger haha.

    My Waiting on Wednesday:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I say yes please to Waterfall as well! And it comes out next week so we have hardly any wait, fantastic pick!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Waterfall looks like a fun read, and the cover is beautiful!

    Tevya @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I read The Seer and the Sword. I liked it, a neat little cute book. I wish she hooked up with the other guy. Sorta. =P.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Waterfall would be my first pick but both look good!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so excited Waterfall comes out next week. I agree with you on the premise. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't believe I forgot about the Seer and the Sword. It totally fits your reading criteria. My only excuse is that I read it a long, long time ago. I don't usually go in for time travel fiction but, honestly, my experience with them has been mostly of the Romantic variety. And I'm not so much a fan of the Highlander-type hero. But I'd be willing to try the Teen version.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These look like some good books. Guess it's time to go and goodread them :)

    Oh and thanks for the banner it IS AWESOME! I'm thinking it's time to do some fixing up and stuff. That definitely helps me. :) Now to figure out other stuff. *squeals* your awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for stopping by everyone! And thanks for all the feedback about The Seer and the Sword.

    Angelic Nytmare, You're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...