Sunday, December 26, 2010

YA Historical Fiction Challenge


15/15 books +12









Challenge Basics: 

Name: YA Historical Fiction Challenge
Hosts : YA Bliss
Starts: 1st January 2011
Ends: 31st December 2011
Eligible Books: Young Adult or Middle Grade historical fiction. 
Levels: Three; I will try for the third level of 15 books
Prizes? Yes!

Why I'm Interested: 

I LOVE historical fiction, so I'm really looking forward to this challenge.

Some books I'm considering: 

Nothing set in stone yet, but I have some possibilities set aside on Goodreads: Historical Fiction Challenge.  

Books Completed:  
  1. My Swordhand is Singing by Marcus Sedgwick
  2. Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris by R. L. LaFevers
  3. The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
  4. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
  5. The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
  6. The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
  7. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  8. Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
  9. Fateful by Claudia Gray
  10. Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
  11. The Revenant by Sonia Gensler
  12. Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers
  13. Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren
  14. The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell
  15. Entwined by Heather Dixon
  16. Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
  17. The Poisoned House by Michael Ford
  18. Cleopatra Confesses by Carolyn Meyer
  19. Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury
  20. Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren
  21. Picture the Dead by Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown
  22. Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
  23. Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
  24. Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney
  25. Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
  26. Most Wanted by Kate Thompson
  27. Deadly by Julie Chibbaro

3 comments:

  1. Ooo I love your layout! Thanks for joining the Challenge! Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great historical fiction: The Bad Queen: Rules and Instructions for Marie Antoinette by Carolyn Meyer. Extremely well written, fascinating story, well-built characters. Read my review here: http://yearningtoread.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/the-bad-queen-rules-and-instructions-fo-marie-antoinette-by-carolyn-meyer/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sab, Thank you for the compliment and for hosting!

    Yearning to Read, Thanks for the suggestion! I've been eying that one but I didn't know what to make of it. I'll definitely check out your review now.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...