Thursday, December 30, 2010

Library Reading Challenge




40 books






Challenge Basics:  

Name: Library Reading Challenge
Hosts : The Reader Room
Starts: January 1, 2011 
Ends: December 31, 2011 
Eligible Books: Read library books (all formats except audiobooks). 
Levels: None
Prizes? No

Why I'm Interested:  

Because I work in a library and I should support my job. But, honestly, because I'm broke! 

Some books I'm considering: 

Books that will fall under my other challenges.   

Books Completed:
  1. Legend by Marie Lu
  2. My Swordhand is Singing by Marcus Sedgwick
  3. Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris by R. L. LaFevers
  4. The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
  5. Fortune's Folly by Deva Fagan
  6. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  7. Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
  8. The Revenant by Sonia Gensler
  9. Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers
  10. Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
  11. Hexed by Kevin Hearne 
  12. Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
  13. Hounded by Kevin Hearne
  14. Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap by Wendy Mass
  15. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
  16. Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl
  17. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
  18. Plain Kate by Erin Bow
  19. Betrayal by Lee Nichols
  20. Enclave by Ann Aguirre
  21. Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
  22. Nothing But the Truth by Emily Blake
  23. The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker
  24. Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman
  25. The Dust of 100 Dogs by A. S. King
  26. Aphrodite the Beauty by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  27. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
  28. Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
  29. Warped by Maurissa Guibord
  30. Where I Want To Be by Adele Griffin
  31. All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
  32. Persephone the Phony by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  33. The Julian Game by Adele Griffin
  34. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  35. The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  36. Most Wanted by Kate Thompson
  37. The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston
  38. Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings by Helene Boudreau
  39. Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls #1), by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  40. StarCrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce

18 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny? I was looking for something that seemed library-ish so I was looking at all these stately books and then I found that cartoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cartoon is too cute! I can't believe how many challenges you are doing, the single one I'm doing now seems very lonely and not very challenging! Maybe I need to sign up for some more of these:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No audiobooks? Well, that's just no fun for me. That's how I plan to get half my library reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I can't believe I never go to the library. I'm awful. Mostly it's because I want to fill my shelves ;)

    Good luck with all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, I know! I may very well have bitten off more than I can chew. :P

    Kitten, You should check out Bewitched Bookworms' audiobook challenge then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, Thanks! I always read books from the library before buying them. Unless they're used, then I have zero self-control!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This challenge would be perfect, I always get my books from the library. Then if I really love them, I buy them! Thanks for this, I entered :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for participating :) I cannot wait to see what you read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, I do the same thing!

    Alice, thanks for hosting! This is a perfect challenge for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I never thought of this challenge, but it does come in handy haha :).

    I'm a new follower btw!!

    Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I will participate in this one too. I love libraries! :)
    Best of luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing. i get most of my books from the library anyway. perfect challenge. where do you get that bar that says how many books you've read?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moonlight Gleam, It certainly does come in handy! Thank you for the follow. I hope you enjoy it here :)

    Misha, Me too! Thank you.

    Lazy Girl, It really is a perfect challenge. I'll write up a post on how to make the progress bar.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS: I read the comment you made on my Newbie Blog Hop JUST NOW! HAHA, thanks for offering to link our hops I just read your comment about a thousand years too late LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, it happens! I think we're both running to the end of our hops, but maybe next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Small,

    We certainly did sign up for a lot of challenges. I can't help that I'm a buttons whore. LOL

    This one looks good. I need to get to my local library more often. *sighs*

    And I definitely will be coming to you for suggestions on re-told fairy stories. Hope you don't mind. :D

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I love the buttons too. I wouldn't be nearly as tempted without them! I don't mind at all. I just hope I don't flood you with a million suggestions! :P

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...