Friday, May 6, 2011

Recap 5/1 to 5/6


In case you missed anything, here's a recap of what was posted Saturday, May 1st through Friday, May 6th. 

+ a sneak peek at next week!

(Click on the links to go to my reviews)

Memes



Features


Review Comparison: Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Guest Post at Ruby's Reads


What's Your Status?

A meme created by Zakiya from Butterfly Feet Walking on Life where we recap our reading week. Feel free to visit her site and link up your own What's Your Status Posts. Here's how my week went:

Finished

Enclave by Ann Aguirre
(Click on the link to go to Goodreads)

Wow! Crazy post-apocalyptic fun!

Currently Reading


Betrayal (Haunting Emma #2) by Lee Nichols
Cascade (The River of Time #2) by Lisa Bergren

(Click on the titles to go to Goodreads)

Oh my gosh, it is taking me forever to read Cascade, but that's only because it's an e-book and I can only read it on my computer. But, woah, if you liked Waterfall then I'm pretty certain you'll adore Cascade! So, so, so good!

I'm only a few pages into Betrayal, but so far so good! I loved the first book Deception (review).

Did Not Finish


The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
Page 40 of 181
Received: Library

I actually was enjoying this book. It's a MG Gothic fiction story written in that "old" style reminiscent of the 1800s or early 1900s (the setting of the story). It's due back at the library though and, as much as I'm enjoying it, I'm not really in the mood for it right now. I'd rather pick it up at a later date when I'm most likely to appreciate it fully. I'll definitely be keeping this one in mind for the future and, based on what I've read so far, I do recommend it.


Up Next

In addition to some regularly scheduled posts:
  • I'll be trying out a new feature
  • I may have something special to help ring in one of my favorite finds of 2011
  • A survey so you can help me make Small Review even better!
 Hope to see you then!




Miss anything last week? Click here to read a Recap





6 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed Enclave too! I thought it was really interesting and I can't wait to see what happens in the next one since the end was so abrupt:) Looking forward to finding out what your new feature is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of Cascade is so pretty! I hope it's a good book too.

    and so many exciting things for next week! I'll keep an eye out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought Graceling! Way excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo excited to read your review on "Enclave"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, Me too! I didn’t even mean to start it. It arrived at work and I intended to just read the first few pages to get a feel for the book and then before I knew it I was sucked in! It’s not a terribly original new feature, so don’t get your hopes up too high :P

    Alex, Cascade is so good I actually considered not going to work today just so I could keep reading it. But I decided to be a good girl and go to work…

    Bookish Brunette, Ooh nice! I still need to read those books. I’ll be keeping an eye out for your review!

    Sierra, I’ll try to post it sooner than later then! I really enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Enclave, so I'm glad you liked it. Oh, and I'm going crazy over not being able to read Cascade. I have too many things to do this month and I'm losing my mind just staring at it and not being able to read it yet!

    I'm excited for the new stuff coming!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...