Sunday, December 26, 2010

2nds Challenge 2011




12/12 books +11


Challenge Basics: 

Name: 2nds Challenge
Hosts : A Few More Pages 
Starts: 1st January 2011
Ends: 31st December 2011
Eligible Books: Any book by an author you've only read once before. 
Levels: Four; I will try for Level 3: 12 books 
Prizes? Not that I see 
Sign up page 

Why I'm Interested: 

I'm definitely guilty of reading a book by an author, loving it, having every intention of reading more of their books, and then somehow...not. I'm easily distracted, especially with all these beautiful covers calling me in a million different directions. The plethora of awesome debuts doesn't help with this either! (Not that I'm complaining about that!)

Some books I'm considering: 

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine 
Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman 

That only leaves one more. I'll have to look through my Books read in 2008, Books read in 2009, and Books read in 2010 lists to come up with some ideas.

Books Completed: 
  1. Allegiance by Cayla Kluver
  2. Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
  3. Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
  4. Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore
  5. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  6. Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
  7. Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
  8. Hexed by Kevin Hearne
  9. Post Captain by Patrick O'Brian
  10. Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap by Wendy Mass
  11. Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
  12. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
  13. Betrayal by Lee Nichols
  14. Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren
  15. Supernaturally by Kiersten White
  16. Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade
  17. The Royal Treatment by Lindsey Leavitt
  18. A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine
  19. Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
  20. The Julian Game by Adele Griffin
  21. Persephone the Phony by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  22. The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
  23. Most Wanted by Kate Thompson

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one! Definitely a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, do you think you're going to read Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine and Radiant Darkness by Emily Whitman for this challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the progress button. I searched for how to put one on my site, found some, but didn't have any success. Can you point me to some directions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aylee, Yes, thank you! I definitely want to read both of those. My memory is so bad I probably would have forgotten all about them. Thanks for the reminder!

    Gina, I just learned how to do that last night :) Here's the code:

    [center][div style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); height: 15px; text-align: left; width: 185px;"]
    [div style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(255, 0, 0); font-size: 8px; height: 15px; line-height: 8px; width: 0%;"]
    [/div]
    [/div]
    0/10 books
    [/center]

    Just replace all of these things: [ ] with these: < >

    See where it says 0/10 books? You can type in whatever numbers apply to your challenge. You can also change this to say 0%/100% and then change the 0 as you progress.

    See where it says width: 0%? You change that number to whatever percentage you're up to. So if your challenge is for 10 books and you've read five, just change that percentage number to 50.

    Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked fine until I changed it to read 3/4. I was expecting it to fill with color to show my progress. It didn't... where did I go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you only changed one part. You need to change the part you adjusted, plus also the %

    In this line of the code:

    8px; height: 15px; line-height: 8px; width: 0%;"]

    where it says 0% change that to 75%

    That should move the bar to 3/4 filled. Does that work?

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...