Sunday, December 5, 2010

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a meme started by Kristi at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie where we get to post about the books we receive each week through publishers/authors, our own purchases, contests won, and libraries.
 
The cute IMM button comes from Bewitched Bookworms.
Before I show you what I got this week, I wanted to share with you what my fiance (I'll just call him The Silent Man) got in HIS mailbox. If anyone here ever thinks I read a lot, let me just tell you, I have nothing on him. I don't know how he does it. He swears he doesn't skim or speed read. To say I'm envious of how quickly he can read would be an understatement. Here, let me give you an idea. Look at this:


You see that? What's in that picture is only less than a third of what he got.  He has until January 7th to read all of these books, and trust me, he'll do it. The first third he already read. The last third I kept at work because I don't have enough room here at home, but I'll probably have to start bringing them home next week. At least he understands me when I come home with arm loads of books!

But where's the good stuff, you say? Don't worry, it's right here. You can always count on me to get more books than I can read. Here's what I got from the library (and, um, yeah, I still have a bunch from last week): 


(Click on the image to make it larger)


I wish the library had sent the version of Leaving Paradise with the other cover. I like that one better. For those who aren't familiar with it, here it is: 



 For Review (from the lovely author):



And then I bought some books. Actually, I bought these a few weeks ago at a library sale (for $2.25 total! Score!) 
 (Click on the image to make it larger)


Anyone read any of these books? What were your thoughts? 

What did you get in your mailbox (or on your library card or credit card)? Feel free to add your IMM links in your comments.


And don't forget to join in on my event, Busting the Newbie Blues! We're having a ton of fun!

20 comments:

  1. So many books! And yes I'm always envious of people who can read super quickly, too.
    Love your updated banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Minder. It's an addictive series. I can't wait for Legacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because you're such a great blogger I'm giving you the Life is Good Award> http://bonbonsandreveries.blogspot.com/2010/12/life-is-good-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great collection and I adore your Christmas Header!
    The cover from Leaving Paradise is especially intriguing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good books. You got some great books at the library sale. They all look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection of books! I want to read more Simone Elkeles for sure!

    I saw your comment on my blog and I'll be participating in your event. I left comments on that post too. Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. l agree, l prefer the second cover for Leaving Paradise!
    l find a lot of books wouldn't probably grab my attention if l found it with another cover.
    Lots of books, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab book! Especially Starcrossed and Minder.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aylee and Danny, glad you like the header!

    Looksie, I'm so happy to hear that! Responses like that make me so motivated to read.

    Caroline and ComaCalm, Thank you!

    Alice, I love library sales. They're such a bargain.

    Leanna, Thank you! I can't wait to read your responses!

    Book for Company, Isn't it funny how that works with covers? There was another book, A Reliable Wife, I saw floating everywhere in hardcover, but I had zero interest in it. It was only until I saw it in paperback that I became interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some good books in your IMM this week! But that's crazy how many books your financé reads! You're not the only one who's jealous! And that's cute that you both read. My guy doesn't so it's tough sometimes! Happy reading! I'm you newest follower. :)

    Here's my IMM
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing books this week! So excited that you got Minder...I've yet to read it, but I hear it's awesome. Enjoy all your books :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, yay for fiance getting all those books! My husband isn't a huge reader but he's at least supportive of my sometimes crazy book-buying binges:) I've heard good things about Minder and Leaving Paradise, can't wait to read your thoughts on them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Simone Elkeles! Her book covers are always great! And I wish my local library had book sales like that!

    Great books! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carmel, thanks for the follow! Isn't he amazing? But he reads all kinds of books I don't read, so I can't steal his books. :(

    Melissa, I'm so glad to hear so many positive things about Minder. It's on my computer, so I'll be going a little slower with it, but I can't wait to start!

    Jenny, haha, I'm glad to hear your husband is supportive. I always say, of all the addictions to have, a reading addiction is by far one of the best.

    Missie, this will be my first Simone Elkeles (I know! Shame!) It's for a book club with YA Reads. I am so thankful to my library system. If I ever move away from here, they will be one of the things I miss the most.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read several books by Simone Ekeles. I think she is just ok. I hope you enjoy her books more than I did! Come and check out what books I got in my mailbox!

    http://readbtwnthelines-laura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you both got a great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laura, I hope I like her too. I've see her books around and I've always been on the fence. The book club has pushed me over and so now I hope I like her!

    The Slowest Bookworm, Thanks! Now I just need to find the time to read them all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome pile. I loved Leaving paradise, I never saw that cover before, hmm. Starcrossed I've got on the top of my tbr list and I just added Minder by Kate Kaynak. Looks interesting. BTW I'm gonna email you in a minute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad to hear you loved Leaving Paradise! I hadn't seen that cover either until I got it through my library system. I think it gives the book a completely different feel from the other cover.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...