Friday, September 16, 2011

Recap 9/10 to 9/16

In case you missed anything, here's a recap of what was posted Saturday, September 10th through Friday, September 16th.


Reviews



Memes



Features


Discussion: Book Hype, when I hate the book
The fear, dread, and other life-ending reactions I have to a book loved by everyone in the entire world...but me



Review Comparison Submissions: 
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Still open!



Spotlight List: Issues Books I Actually Like
Guest Posting as part of Psychtember



Updated River of Time series giveaway!
More buttons and promotional fodder to help you gain entries!


What's Your Status?

A meme created by Zakiya from Butterfly Feet Walking on Life where we recap our reading week. Feel free to visit her site and link up your own What's Your Status Posts. Here's how my week went:

Finished


(Click on the link to go to Goodreads)

Reviews to come on both of these. I didn't like Breadcrumbs (and I'm still trying to console myself over that disappointment), but I adored Theodosia!

Currently Reading

The Revenant by Sonia Gensler
(Click on the link to go to Goodreads)

Did Not Finish



More accurately, I put these two on hold. I'm really enjoying both of them and I will finish them, but I have a TON of obligation books that I really need to focus on first.


Miss anything last week? Click here to read a Recap

6 comments:

  1. "Obligation books" Ha! How true that is. The other day I was headed and out grabbed a book (like always, I like to carry a book no matter what - you never know) and looked down and realized I had grabbed the book I WANTED to read instead of the one I was SUPPOSED to read. Thanks, subconscious brain! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you feeling about The Revenant? I'm hoping it's a lot better than Die for Me. I didn't really get the whole hype for that book, but sometimes I think that is publisher induced.

    Oh, and I've totally felt the whole book hype, when I hate the book feeling. It's happened so many times that I kind of avoid hyped books. Especially angel and mermaid ones. It takes a specific recommendation for me to even pick them up now. Poor angels and mermaids. It seems they just don't work in my head.

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the other boat - I keep putting my "want to" reads on hold to get through obligation books. Maybe this is the root of the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I see what you did this week and I feel like I got nothing done. LOL

    Loved your discussion topic this week, it was made of awesome as usual.

    And I really liked your post for psychetember

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madigan, haha I love it! The beauty of that is you could read it guilt-free because it was all you had available! I carry a book wherever I go too. You never know when you’ll need it!

    Jen, I’m actually really liking The Revenant. It’s NOTHING like Die for Me (which I didn’t like). It’s actually 100% ghost story in a boarding school right now. No zombie-revenants. Hmmmm…the only angel book I can think of that I’ve read and liked is Unearthly.

    Logan, I’m in your boat now :( I reorganized my reading schedule and all of September and October will be obligation reading…if I’m good. (I’m going to try to sneak in Hammered by Kevin Hearne because I love that druid).

    Alex, Well, really you're seeing the work I've done much earlier. I usually schedule most of my posts so I don't necessarily write them the same week I post them. Glad you like those posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Theodosia books! Glad to hear you you adored it. Can't wait to read your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...