Saturday, January 1, 2011

YA Series Challenge





20/30 books

Challenge Basics:

Name: YA Series Challenge
Hosts : Stalking the Bookshelves and I Eat Words
Starts: January 1, 2011
Ends: December 31, 2011
Eligible Books: Read YA or MG books in a series that will have at least 3 books released by the end of 2011
Levels: Six. I am going for the sixth level at 23-30 books.
Prizes? Yes! Two winners will each receive a YA series book of their choice.
Sign up page 

Why I'm Interested:

This one seems like it will be easy! I already planned on reading these books, so this series will just help me feel all accomplished.

Some books I'm considering:


Ganzfield series, by Kate Kaynak
The Seven Kingdoms series, by Kristin Cashore
The Iron Fey series, by Julie Kagawa (1 read)
The Gone series, by Michael Grant
The Maze Runner series, by James Dashner
Prophecy of the Sisters series, by Michelle Zink (2 read)
The Demon's Lexicon series, by Sarah Rees Brennan (1 read)
Immortal series, by Gillian Shields (2 read)
Seven Realms series, by Cinda Williams Chima
Queen's Thief series, by Megan Whalen Turner
Percy Jackson, by Rick Riordan
The Pendragon series, by D. J. MacHale (8 read)
The Penderwicks series, by Jeanne Birdsall (2 read)
The Children of the Red Queen series, by Jenny Nimmo (3 read)
Pretty Little Liars series, by Sara Shepard (4 read)

Books Completed:

  1. Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris by R. L. LaFevers
  2. Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos (Theodosia #1) by R.L. LaFevers
  3. Torrent (River of Time #3) by Lisa T. Bergren
  4. Dawn of the Dreadfuls (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies #1) by Steve Hockensmith
  5. The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson #5) by Rick Riordan
  6. The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson #4) by Rick Riordan
  7. The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson #3) by Rick Riordan
  8. The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson #2) by Rick Riordan
  9. The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson #1) by Rick Riordan
  10. Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls #4) by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  11. Betrayal (Haunting Emma #2) by Lee Nichols
  12. Cascade (River of Time #2) by Lisa T. Bergren
  13. Nothing But the Truth (Little Secrets #5) by Emily Blake
  14. All Just Glass (Den of Shadows #7) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
  15. Waterfall (The River of Time #1) by Lisa T. Bergren
  16. The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa
  17. The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa
  18. Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls #1), by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  19. Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls #2) by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  20. Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls #3) by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for signing up! Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the Percy Jackson series on your list. Good books, but after reading the first novel in his new Kane Chronicles I am much more in love with the idea of Egyptian gods in modern times! I can't wait to see what happens next in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool challenge!!! :D

    I'm up to my nose in them, but this one is so tempting!! Must Resist!!!

    Anyway, good luck!! :D Of the books you're considering, I've only read the Pretty Little Liars series. It's fun.

    I recommend The Bard Academy Series b y Cara Lockwood - about a boarding school where (SPOILERISH) teachers are ghosts... and books often get out of control!!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many series to read! And so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, if I sign up for ONE MORE challenge...but...maybe I can just do one more...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just signed up for this challenge too! I picked a lot of the same books as you :) I would DEFinitely recommend The Maze Runner trilogy, and if you haven't read it yet, the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness is AMAZING. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon, Thanks for hosting!

    BookishHobbit, Oooh, Egyptian gods? That sounds good too!

    AnimeGirl, Haha, good luck resisting! I lost that battle. :P I actually forgot to mention I've read the first four Pretty Little Liars books. They are addicting.

    I've heard really good things about the Bard Academy series. I'm going to have to add it to my TBR. Thanks!

    Aylee, I know! I'm not sure how I'm going to have time to read all of these books. :P

    Lazy Girl, You just transcribed my thoughts!

    Katie, Ooh, good to know about The Maze Runner trilogy! I've heard a ton of good things about the Chaos Walking trilogy. I just added it to my goodreads list. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing Ganzfield on your list! Best of luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, how can I get my hands on one of those meters? They would be MOST helpful! :) share the lovvee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kate, Thank you!

    The Lovely Getaway, You got it! I have a post explaining how to make them How to Make a Progress Bar

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...