Saturday, December 17, 2011

2012 Finishing the Series Challenge




0/TBD books



Challenge Basics:  

Name: 2012 Finishing the Series Challenge
Hosts : Socrates' Book Reviews
Starts: January 1, 2012
Ends: December 31, 2012
Eligible Books: Finish a series you have already started.
Levels: Three. I am going to try for the first level: Finish one series, but if I only have to read 2 or fewer books to finish the series, I'm going to try for level 2: Finish two series. 
Prizes? Not that I see
Sign up page 

Why I'm Interested:  
I have a few series that I've started, but for whatever reason I never finished them. I'd like to try to finish them in 2012.

Some books I'm considering: 

The Spook's Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney
The Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo
The Pendragon Adventure series by D. J. MacHale
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
The Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian

Books Completed:

17. Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
16. Player's Ruse by Hilari Bell
15. The Mauritius Command by Patrick O'Brian
14. Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep
13. Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
12. Outpost by Ann Aguirre
11. Rogue's Home by Hilari Bell
10. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blae
9. The Girl Games by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
8. Medusa the Mean by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
7. Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep
6. Renegade Magic by Stephanie Burgis
5. Bourne by Lisa T. Bergren
4. Artemis the Loyal by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
3. The Fourth Stall Part II by Chris Rylander
2. Aphrodite the Diva by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
1. Athena the Wise by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams

Series Started and Completed in 2012:

9. Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
8. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
7. A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
6. The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
5. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
4. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

8 comments:

  1. Oooo I loved the Charlie Bone series! It was a really fun read! I still have to read the last two books to see how it finished though. I guess I'll do that next yr :) Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Charlie Bone too! I think I have either two or three to finish the series. I have them, but lost interest. My youngest son has finished the series. I also have to finish the Alex Rider series. Loved that one. I just have the last one to read. And I'm not sure if I have any left in the Artemis Fowl series to read or not. I wonder if there are any more in that one. I love that series!

    Of course there are a lot of series I haven't finished because the books haven't come out. Guess those don't count.

    Good luck Small! Challenge yourself!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, best of luck for you!!
    *hugs*
    I know you'll do great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mackenzie, Me too! I read the first few and then...I don't even remember. I think I got sidetracked by something else. I'd really like to return to them. Thanks for the luck!

    Heather, Alex Rider series sounds good! Artemis Fowl is another one I've always meant to read, but I haven't yet. I do own a few books in the series! I think books that haven't yet but will come out in 2012 count! Just so long as you've already started reading it.

    Alex, Thank you! This is actually one of the few challenges I think I might fail :P I'm going to try to make a dent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not surprisingly, I don't recognize any of your series books. I thought I may not to enter this challenge because I didn't start reading series books until 2011. Most of the ones I did read are trilogies. So, I wouldn't be able to finish them. But, I guess I do have a few potentials:

    1. The Hex Hall Series
    2. The Fallen Series (I think last book is due out in 2012)
    3. The Waterfall books by Lisa T. Bergen (Those are all out, huh?)

    So maybe I should give this one a go... oh but I'm a bit chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the challenge! Hope you have fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely trying to do this myself. I am making sure the only books I buy next year are part of series I have already started. I cannot possibly start any more. I hope you reach your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gina, I'm pretty sure you can count books like Hallowed as "finishing the series" because you're finished everything you can that's published. But I'm not positive. Waterfall, yes, all the book are published but we *may* be getting more (I hope!)

    Yvonne, Thank you, and thank you for hosting!

    Alice, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...