Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spotlight List: The Giant List of 2011 Recommendations (4)



I made a really big list

I'm a list maker, as is probably pretty obvious by this feature. So of course I HAD to make an end-of-the-year list recapping all of the books I read in 2011. It's like a snapshot of reviews, but you can click on the titles to go to my full reviews.

I broke this up into seven posts (plus a guest post) that will go up throughout the day. Settle in, this is going to be a long one!



Fun!

Looking for a good laugh? Look no further. These books are just plain fun.



Ditched by Robin Mellom (review to come)
I laughed, I commiserated, I laughed some more. This is the book version of the high school romantic comedy movie.








Fortune's Folly by Deva Fagan (review to come)
Don't judge this book by it's awful cover. Really.









The Iron Druid series (#1-2) by Kevin Hearne
Hilarious. Absolutely HILARIOUS. I just...I can't even begin to describe how much I laughed.








Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap by Wendy Mass
Rapunzel, the One with All the Hair by Wendy Mass
(review to come)
Cute and funny, with surprisingly sweet messages. Rapunzel was better.







Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl
I never warmed up to the MC, but I was too busy laughing to care. An absurd, tongue-in-cheek take on fairy tales.









The Fourth Stall by Chris Rylander
The mystery, the Voice, the entire concept! This was fresh and fun.










Princess for Hire series (#1-2) by Lindsey Leavitt
It took me until the second book to really warm up to the MC, but I was immediately entranced with the pink sparkly world of princess subbing. I mean, pink sparkly princess subbing! Sign me up for that!








Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman
Sure "girl pretends to be boy" isn't exactly a new idea, but Gehrman gave it a fresh twist by writing scenes so funny I actually had to put the book down so I could laugh for a good few minutes.






Which books made you laugh in 2011? Have you read any of these? What did you think of them?

But wait! What did I think about all those other 2011 reads? Follow along to find out and weigh in on your own 2011 reads!
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Guest post!


8 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but the book the made me laugh the most this year was Swim the Fly by Don Calame. So funny!

    I love these lists! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Hounded and LOVED IT. It is definitely a fun read. I've got books two and three on audiobook, and am looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for a fun book and I haven't read any of these so thanks! The latest book that made me laugh was one in Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series. Always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Hounded and completely agree with you. The chats with Oberon and Atticus were my favorites. Can't wait to read the other two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All right, I'm adding Fortunes Folly, Twice Upon a Time, And The Forth Stall to my list of books to buy.

    I'm so glad you liked Ditched! I thought it was pretty fun too.

    and the Royal Treatment was LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hounded! I just finished that the other day and I loved it, it really was a fun and entertaining read. I love Atticus and Oberon.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Ditched from NetGalley and wasn't planning on reading it but now I probably will. I can always use more books that make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Princess for Hire books too. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...