Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spotlight List: The Giant List of 2011 Recommendations (5)



I made a really big list

I'm a list maker, as is probably pretty obvious by this feature. So of course I HAD to make an end-of-the-year list recapping all of the books I read in 2011. It's like a snapshot of reviews, but you can click on the titles to go to my full reviews.

I broke this up into seven posts (plus a guest post) that will go up throughout the day. Settle in, this is going to be a long one!



I'd read that again

I'd love to own a copy so I can do a reread, but I'm not going out of my way to buy one right now (but, remember, I'm a miser). I definitely want to read more by these authors.




Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Gwen, Daphne, Logan, Vic (the talking sword), I have a lot of love for these characters. I also have a lot of love for the smorgasbord of desserts mentioned.







The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
A lot of fun...but they're no Harry Potter. *hides*









The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
It took way too long to get to the good stuff, but I was hooked once I got there. 








The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
An atmospheric story told by a true storyteller. I only wish I swooned more for the romantic lead.








Betrayal by Lee Nichols
Still loving Emma, the house ghosts, the Rake, and scary ghost attacks. Still not loving Bennett.









Entwined by Heather Dixon
Way. Too. Long. Didn't like the MC, but I appreciated the focus on family. 









The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope (review to come)
Not the twisty Gothic tale I was hoping for, but still a nice (if overly easy) story.








My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond
Sweet messages with a funny narrator and surprisingly inventive plot. 









Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Little Women: The Edition Hilariously Annotated by a Modern Teenager










Ward Against Death by Melanie Card
Fresh and fun, with characters I liked. This is one that has me on impatient sequel watch. (I also never fail to snicker every time I read the pun-tastic title).








Just Your Average Princess by Kristina Springer
You don't get much sweeter than this, and I'm not talking about the pumpkin lattes (yum!)









Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
It took me a really long time to warm up to this tale, but eventually we clicked (even if the MC totally misses the potential of secret passageways).








Cleopatra Confesses by Carolyn Meyer
This ended way too soon and before any of the good stuff (you know, the romance). But what was there was really good. 








Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (review to come)
Holy basement scene!









Which books were those middle books that you liked and would read again? Have you read any of these? What did you think of them?

But wait! What did I think about all those other 2011 reads? Follow along to find out and weigh in on your own 2011 reads!
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Part 6
Part 7
Guest post!



6 comments:

  1. I read Anna Dressed in Blood! I really enjoyed it, and can't wait for the next book in the series to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood and The Near Witch. I still need to read Little Woman & Me and Entwined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read anything on your list except for My Sparkling Misfortune . I thought it was a cute book with a great message, too.

    I now own Anna Dressed in Blood and am so looking forward to reading it. I think I may break down and buy The Near Witch because I've wanted to read it for so long.

    Looking forward to following along with these posts today, if I'm able.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snickers at "holy basement scene." Anna was super entertaining but creeped me out just enough that I could not read it again! Well written and scary.
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to realize that I got many of these in my tbr pile! and they shall be bumped up! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Anna Dressed in Blood. Agreed on basement scene. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...