Monday, December 26, 2011

2012 Sophomore Challenge & 2nds Challenge



5/10 books
 


Challenge Basics:  

Name: 2012 Sophomore Reading Challenge
Hosts : Chick Loves Lit  
Starts: January 1, 2012  
Ends: December 31, 2012  
Eligible Books: Read 10 sophomore books released in 2012 (the second book the author wrote)
Levels: Just one- Read 10 books  
Prizes? Yes, throughout the year
Sign up page   

Why I'm Interested:  

There are a lot of sequels I plan on reading anyway, so this should be an easy challenge to meet.  

Some books I'm considering: 

Renegade Magic by Stephanie Burgis
Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Outpost by Ann Aguirre
The Fourth Stall: Part II by Chris Rylander
Sorrow's Knot by Erin Bow

Books Completed:


5. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
3. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
2. Renegade Magic by Stephanie Burgis
1.The Fourth Stall: Part II by Chris Rylander



10/12 books
 


Challenge Basics:  

Name: 2012 2nds Challenge
Hosts : A Few More Pages 

Starts: January 1, 2012  
Ends: December 31, 2012  
Eligible Books: Read books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you’ve read the author.
Levels: Four. I am going to try for level 3: Read 12 books  
Prizes? None that I see
Sign up page   

Why I'm Interested:  

I did this challenge last year and had a lot of fun with it. There are a lot of authors who I've read and enjoyed, and I want to read more of their books.  

Some books I'm considering: 

The same as above, plus:

Juliet Marillier
Elizabeth Marie Pope
Kristina Springer
Elizabeth C. Bunce
Leah Cypess
Emily Whitman
Clare B. Dunkle
Lisa Klein

Books Completed:

11. The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington
10. Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman
9. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
8. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
7. Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
6. Outpost by Ann Aguirre
5. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
4. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
3. Renegade Magic by Stephanie Burgis
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
1. The Fourth Stall Part II by Chris Rylander

Have you signed up for this challenge? What books are you planning on reading? Do you have any suggestions that I absolutely MUST read?

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely challenge! will definitely help you follow up on the series you have started!

    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I love how we're all cheerleaders for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small, don't say it's an easy challenge! You'll jinx yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laugh in the face of jinxes! hahhahaahahaha! (I really hope I don't have to eat my words by the end of the year!) :P

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...