Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 Mythology Challenge and Fairy Tales Retold Challenge



10/10 books


Challenge Basics:  


Name: 2012 Mythology Challenge
Hosts : For Those About to Read  
Starts: January 1, 2012
Ends: December 31, 2012
Eligible Books: Read 10 YA or MG novels that incorporate any type of Mythology in the story line (Greek, Egyptian, Norse, etc.).  
Levels: Just the one: 10 books  
Prizes? Not that I see
Sign up page   

Why I'm Interested:  

Because I am a mythological junky, of course. A lot of books from my TBR qualify.

Some books I'm considering: 

The challenge host has created this list, which I'll probably use for inspiration. I also have my own Goodreads shelf to browse through for ideas (my list also includes fairy tale retellings, but I'm pretty sure those don't count for the challenge).


Books Completed:

10. Poseidon and the Sea of Fury by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
9. Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
8. Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep
7. The Girl Games by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
6. Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep
5. Medusa the Mean by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
4. Artemis the Loyal by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
3. Aphrodite the Diva by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
2. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
1. Athena the Wise by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams



4/12 books


Challenge Basics:

Name: 2012 Fairy Tales Retold Challenge
Hosts : Debz Bookshelf
Starts: January 1, 2012
Ends: December 31, 2012
Eligible Books: Fairy tale retellings! Or original fairy tales.
Levels: Five; I am going to go for the fourth level: Read 12 books
Link your reviews? Yes, monthly TBA
Prizes? None that I see
Sign up page

Why I'm Interested:

Because I am a fairy tale addict.


Books Considered:

Fairy tales on my Retellings Goodeads shelf.


Books Completed:

4. Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
3. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
2. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Have you signed up for these challenges? What books are you planning on reading? Do you have any suggestions that I absolutely MUST read?

10 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm interested in these challenges! :) Goodluck from a fellow mythology junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhhh. I really, really love the sound of these challenges and totally want to sign up - but I'm already doing 10(!) and don't want to bite off more than I can chew. What to do, what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! stop tempting me with challenges about re-tellings!!!

    :) You know it's one of my favoriest things eva!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for signing up! I hope you have fun reading retellings with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious, Thanks! Good luck to you too if you decide to join in :)

    Belle, I'm the wrong person to offer advice, because I clearly have no self-control when it comes to signing up for challenges :P Are there books that fit these challenges that also apply for your other challenges?

    Alex, *whispers*join join join join*whispers* :D

    Debz, Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could do the mythology challenge on books I have planned to read in the upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha yes, you would totally dominate the mythology challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some awesome challenges for next year! I think I'm going to try both of these!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...