Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2012 Off the Shelf Challenge




13/15 books


Challenge Basics:

Name: Off the Shelf 2012
Hosts : Bookish Ardour
Starts: January 1, 2012
Ends: December 31, 2012
Eligible Books: Books I own from any genre (2011 and older)
Levels: Seven. I am going to try for the second level 15 books
Link your reviews? Yes, HERE
Prizes? None that I see
Sign up page
Report completion page

Why I'm Interested:

Because I'm always neglecting my own books and they're piling up fast!

Books Considered:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison
How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-boyfriend by Janette Rallison
Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey
Dust and Decay by Jonathan Maberry
The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson
The rest of the Aubrey/Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian

Um, and that's just what's on the shelf right in front of me.


Books Completed (owned 2011 and earlier):


13. The Mauritius Command by Patrick O'Brian
12. Rogue's Home by Hilari Bell
11. Magic Can Be Murder by Vivian Vande Velde
10. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
9. The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
8. Aphrodite the Diva by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
7. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
5. The Fourth Stall Part II by Chris Rylander
4. Athena the Wise by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Books Completed (owned 2012):

39. Poseidon and the Sea of Fury by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
38. Player's Ruse by Hilari Bell
37. Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman
36. Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
35. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
34. Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep
33. Legend of the Ghost Dog by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
32. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
31. The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron
30. Sir Apropos of Nothing by Peter David
29. Undead by Kirsty McKay
28. Outpost by Ann Aguirre
27. Claws by Mike and Rachel Grinti
26. Shift by Kim Curran
25. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
24. Amber House by Kelly Moore
23. All You Never Wanted by Adele Griffin
22. The Girl Games by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
21. A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
20. The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
19. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
18. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
17. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
16. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
15. Soulbound by Heather Brewer
14. The Queen's Vow by C. W. Gortner
13. Scary School by Derek the Ghost
12. The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
11. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
10. Griffin Rising by Darby Karchut
9. Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep
8. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
7. Ordinary Magic by Caitlen Rubino-Bradway
6. A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont
5. Bourne by Lisa T. Bergren
4. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
3. Artemis the Loyal by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
2. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
1. Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin

Have you signed up for this challenge? What books are you planning on reading? Do you have any suggestions that I absolutely MUST read?

5 comments:

  1. I completely failed this challenge this year. I'll be lucky if I read any. This year I just aim to read at least one of my own books each month. Hope you complete your challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a nice challenge, I should probably do something like this but I'm sticking to my resolution of no more challenges :P

    I might give in between here and january, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I've seen one called the TBR that challenges you to read anything on your shelf dated before 2012. But, I'm trying not to sign up for many challenges. I failed epically last year at all my challenges except the debut authors.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this one, but then I also found one called the 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, by Evie @ Bookish. I'm almost leaning towards this one because of the hype surrounding it. Its put on by multiple blogs, there are prizes and it looks well thought out. I totally need to do one or the other though because my TBR list (especially my physical books I own) are piling up on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice, Ha! I failed this challenge horribly too :P I'm SO bad at reading the books I own. Good luck with your goal!

    Alex, This challenge is great in theory, but I'm terrible at actually following through with it. :P Good luck to you if you decide to tackle it!

    Heather, I failed so bad at this challenge last year. I hope I can shame myself into doing better this year! Don't worry about the challenges you didn't finish--yay for finishing the debut author challenge!!

    Gina, I've seen that one too, but I didn't like how you had to follow all the blogs if you wanted to be considered for the giveaways. Forced follows always make me feel a little uncomfortable. It also seemed complicated, but that could just be me :P I liked how this challenge was ran last year by Bookish Ardour and they seem very organized with all of their challenges this year too (I've signed up for a few they're hosting). Good luck with this one if you try it (at either blog)!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...